The LG Optimus G Pro is the flagship smartphone for LG released in May 2013. It is available on AT&T’s wireless network with LTE connectivity. The Optimus G Pro is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon processor with a 1.7 GHz clock speed on all four cores. It has 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage. The internal storage can be expanded with a microSD card that can be up to 64 GB in size. The LG Optimus G Pro has a 5″ True HD LCD screen with a display resolution of 1080p. The rear camera is a 13 MP camera, with the front-facing camera having a 2.1 MP resolution.
Rooting the phone will further enhance the performance of this phone. Additionally, there are some apps which require root access. Follow the instructions given below to root LG Optimus G Pro. This process is only for the AT&T LG Optimus G Pro. Do not use it for any other carriers.
- LG drivers installed on the computer
- USB debugging enabled on the phone
- Root Package file
- Download and extract the Root Package file on the computer.
- Connect the phone to the computer and select “Charge Only”.
- In the files extracted in step 1, find and execute the CurrentRoot.bat file by double clicking it.
- Wait for the phone to be detected by the software.
- Now on the phone, go to Settings >> General >> PC Connection >> USB Connection and change to “Media Sync (MTP)” mode.
- Now press any key on the computer to start the rooting process.
- After a while “you are properly rooted” message will be seen.
- Done! Now just reboot the phone.