Previously, we saw how to unlock the bootloader of Google Nexus 6. A rooting method is also available for the Google Nexus 6. Rooting the device has many benefits. You can remove the bloatware from the device, install the apps that need root access, flash custom ROMs and custom MODs and much more. Follow the guide to root the Google Nexus 6.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your device getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 6:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
- Download the CF-Auto-Root zip file and extract it on your computer.
- Switch off the phone.
- Enter into the bootloader mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and the Power buttons.
- Once you have entered the bootloader mode, use volume keys to navigate to the “Restart Bootloader” option and then press the Power button.
- After it has been restarted, connect the phone to the computer via the USB cable.
- Now we need to run the automated root script.
- On Windows: Run the “root-windows.bat” file from the extracted contents.
- For Linux: Open the terminal in the extracted contents directory and type the “./root-linux.sh” command and press enter.
- For Mac: Open the terminal in the extracted contents directory and type the “./root-mac.sh” command and press enter.
- Wait for the process to be completed. The device will reboot automatically.