Rooting an Android device means gaining administrative right of your device to perform some low level Linux commands that are required by some apps. (To know more about rooting you can refer to this link) HTC Butterfly/Droid DNA is one of the top of the line phones by HTC and Rooting it will let you reap the full benefit of owning an Android device.
This is a easy to follow tutorial to Root your HTC Butterfly A.K.A. Droid DNA
- HTC Butterfly/Droid DNA with Unlocked Bootloader [Tutorial]
- Perform S-Off operation on HTC Butterfly/ Droid DNA [Tutorial]
- Custom Recovery on HTC Butterfly/ Droid DNA (Installation Tutorial)
- Download Root package
- USB cable
- Make sure you meet all the requirements mentioned above.
- Connect the Device to the PC and transfer the SU_buzyb0x.zip to your phone’s SD card.
- Power down your device.
- Press the Volume down Button + power button till the phone enters HBOOT.
- Now select the option RECOVERY from the list.
- Once the phone enters recovery, select the “install from sdcard” option.
- Navigate to SU_buzyb0x.zip and flash the file.
- Reboot the device into system.
- To check if you have successfully rooted your device, after the device successfully reboots see if an app called “superuser” is available in your app drawer.
Congratulations! You have successfully Rooted your Device.