HTC Desire 816 has a 5.5″ screen with a resolution of 720×1280 pixels. It is powered by a 1.6 GHz quad core Snapdragon 400 processor and 1.5 GB of RAM. It has 8 GB of internal memory with an expandable memory of 128 GB and 13 MP primary camera. It also has a 5 MP front camera. It runs on Android 4.4.2.
Previously we saw how to install CWM recovery on this device. In this tutorial we will see how to root HTC Desire 816. Rooting the phone has many benefits. You can remove the bloatware from the device, install apps which require root access and much more. Follow the steps given below to root the phone.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Desire 816:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to root Desire 816:
- Download the SuperSU zip file and transfer it to your device.
- Now boot in to the CWM Recovery.
- Go to “Wipe cache partition” and clear the cache.
- Now go to “Advanced options” and delete the dalvik cache.
- Go to “Install custom zip” and select the file downloaded in step 1.
- After a few seconds the process will be completed. Just reboot the phone.