LG G4 is powered by a Hex-Core 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor and 3GB of RAM. It features a Quad HD 5.5″ IPS Quantum LCD display, 32GB internal storage, with up to a further 128GB available via microSD, and wireless charging capability. The rear facing shooter comes in at 16MP and features an f1.8 aperture, phase detection/laser focus, optical image stablization and 4K video recording at 30FPS. The front facing camera has an 8MP sensor and is capable of 1080p video at 30FPS.
Chainfire’s SuperSU tool can be used to gain root access for LG G4. However this is only applicable for LG G4 H815 and not any other variant. Once you gain root access, you can install a number of apps that require root permissions. Follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your LG G4:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- LG G4 drivers installed
- LG G4 bootloader unlocked
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- SuperSU zip file
Steps to root LG G4:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the SuperSU zip file transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the SuperSU zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.