Indian phone manufacturer Micromax launched Micromax A116 Canvas HD in February 2013, with very impressive specifications. It has a 1.2 GHz quad-core ARM Cortex A7 CPU, PowerVR SGX544 GPU, 1 GB of RAM, 5″ HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS (16.7 million colors) display, 8MP rear camera with LED Flash and a VGA front facing camera. Most importantly, it runs on the Android Jelly Bean 4.1 Operating System. All these specifications come with a very affordable price.
Although only a month has passed since it’s release, XDA members have already found out a way to root the Micromax A116 Canvas HD. Rooting the phone will further expand the functionality of this phone. But it should be noted that rooting the phone will void it’s manufacturer warranty. There is way to unroot the phone too. So if a problem occurs, the user can unroot the phone and take it to the service center.
Note : Root the phone at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site should not be held responsible.
- A Windows PC
- Micromax drivers installed on the PC
- Bin4ry’s rooting tool
- Make a backup of entire data.
- Go to Settings >> Development >> USB Debugging and enable the debugging mode.
- Extract Bin4ry’s rooting tool to your desktop.
- Connect your device to the PC using the USB cable.
- Go to the Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v18.7z folder on the desktop and run (double click) RunMe.bat file.
- It’ll open a command prompt with green text and ask to select the Normal Mode or special Sony Mode.
- Press 1 and hit enter button.
- Follow all the steps carefully. The process will reboot your device.
- After a few minutes a “Have Fun!” message will be displayed on screen.
- Congratulations, the phone is rooted.
If the user wants to unroot the device, just press “x” instead of 1 in step 7. Other steps in the process are same.