Micromax is one the leading Indian smartphone manufacturer. The Canvas Magnus has 1.5 GHz Quad core MT6589T chipset with 1 GB Ram and 5’’ inch display with 16M color. Micromax A117 released the device with Jelly Bean.
A rooting method is available for the Canvas Magnus which will enable you to gain root access and perform a variety of operations on the phone. Depending on the custom ROM availability, you can also update the phone to Android 5.0. But the initial process is to root the device. Follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Canvas Magnus:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Canvas Magnus drivers installed on the phone
- Framaroot app APK file
Steps to root Canvas Magnus:
- Download the Framaroot APK file and transfer it to your device.
- Install the APK file using any file manager.
- Open the Framaroot App and Select “Install Super Su”.
- Click on “Boromir”.
- Done! Now reboot the device.
To find if your device has been rooted, download the Root Checker app from the Play Store and check the status.