Moto G 2014 is one the devices to get the Android 5.0 Lollipop. And Chainfire has added this device to his increasing list of devices for which he has gained root access. Since this device runs on stock Android, it makes it easier to root the device. Follow the guide below to root Moto G 2014 running on Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your device getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Note: This tutorial is for Moto G 2014 XT1097.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Moto G 2014:
- Make a Backup of the data on your device
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
- Moto G 2014 drivers installed
- Bootloader Unlocked
Steps to Root Moto G 2014:
- Download the CF-Auto-Root and extract the contents on the computer.
- Turn off the device and enter into bootloader mode by pressing and holding volume down and power buttons at the same time.
- Connect the device to the computer.
- Unzip the CF-Auto-Root file on the computer.
- Run the Windows.bat file.
- The device will automatically reboot. Done!
- You can check the root status of the device by downloading the Root Checker app from the Google Play Store.