Moto E, launched a few days ago, is the best value for money out there. It has already been sold out at many places. It comes with a 4.3″ display, Snapdragon 200 dual core processor clocked at 1.2 GHz, 1 GB of RAM and 5 MP camera. Also, it runs on the latest Android KitKat OS. All this with the price of Moto E only $129.
If you want to root this device, you will have to unlock the bootloader and install custom TWRP recovery. We have already seen it in the previous articles. In this tutorial, we will see how to root Moto E. Rooting has many benefits – installing MODs, removing bloat, install apps which require root access and much more.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Moto E:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Download the SuperSU zip file and transfer it to your device.
- Now boot in to the TWRP Recovery.
- Go to “Wipe cache partition” and clear the cache.
- Now go to “Advanced options” and delete the dalvik cache.
- Go to “Install custom zip” and select the file downloaded in step 1.
- After a few seconds the process will be completed. Just reboot the phone.