Nexus 5 has a 4.95″ display capable of playing full HD videos. It is powered by the the 2.30GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor. It has 2GB of RAM and the primary camera is 8MP. Internal memory is either 16 or 32 GB.
Nexus 5 has started to receive the OTA Android 5.0 updates. And although it has been a very short time, popular XDA developer Chainfire has already managed to gain root access for the Nexus 5 running on Android 5.0. It is a simple one click root method. Follow the detailed guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your device getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 5:
- Make a Backup of the data on your device
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Nexus 5 drivers installed
- Bootloader Unlocked
- CF-Auto-Root for Nexus 5
Steps to Root Nexus 5:
- Download the CF-Auto-Root for Nexus 5 and extract the contents on the computer.
- Turn off the device and enter into bootloader mode by pressing and holding volume down and power buttons at the same time.
- Connect the phone to the computer.
- Unzip the CF-Auto-Root file on the computer.
- Run the Windows.bat file.
- The phone will automatically reboot. Done!
- You can check the root status of the phone by downloading the Root Checker app from the Google Play Store.