Google released the Android 5.1.1 update for almost all the Nexus devices. Even the Nexus 6 has got it. Previously we saw how to install official Android 5.1.1 on the Nexus 6. Now a root method is available for the Nexus 6 which will give you administrative access to Nexus 6. If you want to root Nexus 6 on Android 5.1.1, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Android:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Device drivers installed
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Root zip file
Steps to root Nexus 6 running on Android 5.1.1:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Root zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Root zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.