OnePlus 2 was launched last year and since then many developers are working on tweaking this device. Earlier, we saw how to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 2 and how to install custom TWRP recovery. In this tutorial, we will see how to root OnePlus 2. Once you gain root access, you can tweak this phone to a large extent by installing apps which require root access, removing bloat, installing MODs, and much more. A detailed guide on how to root OnePlus 2 is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Android:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Device drivers installed
- Bootloader unlocked
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Root zip file
Steps to root OnePlus 2:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Root zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Root zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.