OnePlus 3 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 CPU with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of storage. It has a battery capacity of 3,000mAh and can be charged up to 60% in 30 minutes with the included Dash charger. The AMOLED display is 5.5″ and FHD resolution. It runs on Android 6.0.1 and is powered by OxygenOS which includes many enhancements to Android.
OnePlus 3 can be rooted using the SuperSU app. You will just need its zip file and you will have to flash it using custom recovery. Rooting has many benefits – you can install custom ROMs, custom MODs, install apps that require root access and do much more. A detailed guide on how to root OnePlus 3 is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Android:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Device drivers installed
- Bootloader unlocked
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Root zip file
Steps to root OnePlus 3:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Root zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Root zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.