OnePlus One sports a 5.5″ 1080×1920 JDI display. It’s powered by a 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor and 3GB of RAM. Storage comes in at either 16GB or 64GB. Other features include a 13MP camera, 3100mAh battery, dual front speakers and StyleSwap replaceable back covers. On the software side, the OnePlus One runs a version of Cyanogenmod with a unique modified user interface.
OnePlus recently resumed seeding the Cyanogen OS 12 update for the One. It will update the device to Andriod Lollipop. A good news for OnePlus One users is that XDA member, CraZY_BoY^ has created the pre-rooted ROM for this device. It is the same ROM with same build number with root access added. If you want to gain root access on OnePlus One running on Android Lollipop, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your OnePlus One:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- OnePlus One bootloader unlocked
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Pre-rooted Cyanogen OS 12 zip file
Steps to install pre-rooted Cyanogen OS 12 on OnePlus One:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the pre-rooted Cyanogen OS 12 zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the pre-rooted Cyanogen OS 12 zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.