OnePlus One was launched by a start up company earlier this year. It offered specs of the high end device around the $300 price. It was marketed by them as the “Flagship Killer”. It ran on the version of CyanogenMod which had a very unique interface. The launch was few month ago and since then, many developments have taken place. Previously, we saw how to install TWRP recovery on the OnePlus One. In this tutorial, we will see how to root the OnePlus One. Follow the steps given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your OnePlus One:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to root OnePlus One:
- Download the SuperSU zip file and transfer it to your device.
- Now boot in to the TWRP Recovery.
- Go to “Wipe cache partition” and clear the cache.
- Now go to “Advanced options” and delete the dalvik cache.
- Go to “Install custom zip” and select the file downloaded in step 1.
- After a few seconds the process will be completed. Just reboot the phone.