OnePlus X is fast becoming a popular device due to the amount of features at a very low price. Since the past few weeks, OnePlus X has seen many new developments. We have already seen how to unlock the bootloader and install custom recovery on OnePlus X. Now we will see how to gain root access on OnePlus X. If you have root access, you will have complete control over your phone. You can delete bloatware, install apps that require root permissions and do many other things. If you want to root OnePlus X, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Android:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Device drivers installed
- Bootloader unlocked
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Root zip file
Steps to root OnePlus X:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Root zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Root zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.