Keeping in mind the huge success of Samsung Galaxy Ace, Samsung launched it’s successor- Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus. It’s features are almost the same as that of it’s predecessor except with a better 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 processor and 512 MB RAM compared to the 256 MB RAM of Samsung Galaxy Ace.
The users of this phone might want to root the phone because of obvious reasons. The rooting of Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus is done with the help of Odin. But before rooting this phone, it is necessary to install the ClockworkMod recovery. It must be noted that rooting the phone will void the warranty. The rooting procedure described below must only be used for the Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500 and not for Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500L.
Follow the steps given below to root Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500.
- Samsung drivers installed on the desktop/laptop.
- Odin3 zip file.
- RootMe zip file.
- Cwm-trebon.tar.md5 file.
- Download the Odin3, RootMe.zip and the cwm tar package.
- Extract the Odin zip and open the exe file.
- Now switch off the phone. Go to the download mode by holding down the volume down and home button and then pressing the power button.
Connect to the computer and wait for Odin to show green.
Click “PDA” and browse for cwm tar package, don’t change any other settings.
Click start and then wait for phone to reboot.
- At this point the ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Now go to CWM Recovery by holding down the volume up and home button and then pressing the power button.
- Extract RootMe.zip. Connect phone to the computer and open “runme.bat” from the extracted folder.
Wait for the process to complete and then reboot.