Samsung Galaxy J7 is a good mid-range device. There are many MODs and ROMs available for Galaxy J7. To try out those, you will first need custom recovery installed and root access. Previously, we saw how to install TWRP recovery on Galaxy J7. In this tutorial, we will see how to gain root access on Samsung Galaxy J7.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Android:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Device drivers installed
- Bootloader unlocked
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Root zip file
Steps to root Samsung Galaxy J7:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Root zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Root zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.