Samsung Galaxy Note 3 was released earlier this month. But already, we have seen how to install CWM custom recovery on the Note 3. After installing the CWM recovery, you can also root the device. Rooting the device has many advantages. So if you want to root your phone, follow the instructions given below.
Note: Rooting the phone will void its warranty. So proceed very carefully.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy Note 3:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 3:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the SuperSU zip file and place it on the SD card of the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode by simultaneously pressing the Volume Up + Power button.
- Wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the file downloaded in step 2.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.