Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G is one of the few phones with a qwerty keyboard. There are some applications on the Google Play Store which do not work without the root access. So the user might want to root the phone. It should be noted that rooting the phone will void the warranty. But still, if the users who want to root their Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G can follow the instructions given below.
- Make a backup of your data.
- Extract the contents of Odin.zip on your computer and install Odin on the PC. Download SuperSU file and place it on SD card. Download the ClockworkMod Recovery file on computer.
- Turn off the phone and make sure it is not connected to the computer.
- Reboot into Download Mode. You can do that by pressing and holding down the Volume DOWN+Home.
- Connect your phone to the computer and allow the drivers to install. You will see the “Added!!” message on Odin. If it doesn’t appear, make sure you have properly installed the USB drivers for your tablet.
- Extract the ClockworkMod Recovery File. A TAR file will be obtained.
- Click the PDA button in Odin and locate the TAR File for your phone. Do not make any unnecessary changes on Odin. Doing so will brick your phone!
- Click the Start button in Odin to start flashing.
- After sometime your phone will automatically reboot. You will also see the “PASS” message on Odin.
- Once the Samsung logo appears on the screen, you can disconnect your phone from the computer.
- Pull the battery out of your device.
- Put it back into the device.
- Press and hold the Volume UP+Home+Power buttons together and your device should reboot into Recovery mode.
- From there, select install zip from SD Card followed by choose zip from sdcard.
- Select the SuperSU file you copied earlier to your device for flashing. It’ll start flashing the file.
- Once the flashing’s done, reboot your device.