When it comes to Android smartphones, Samsung is undoubtedly the best manufacturer. Some of the devices like Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy Note were first of a kind to be introduced into the market. More recently, Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy S3 have also been released. Some users found Galaxy S3 too large. So Samsung launched the Galaxy S3 Mini.
Galaxy S3 Mini has a 4″ screen instead of a 4.8″ seen in Galaxy S3. And also an inferior 1 GHz dual core processor. Still it is one of the most sought after devices. For the Galaxy S3 Mini users, the developers have found out the method to root the device. It’s not the usual method which is to go in recovery mod and flash the image. The developers have somehow found it difficult to get a recovery for this device. So users will have to flash a pre-rooted stock image via Odin.
- Download the Root zip file, Odin3 zip file and Wipe_I8190 zip file.
- Extract the contents of the Root zip file in a folder.
- Now extract Odin3 zip file and Wipe_I8190 zip file in the same folder.
- Open the Odin3 file. Following screen will appear.
- Click on “PDA” and select the “WIPE_I8190.tar.md5” file.
- Put the device into download mode by pressing the “vol down + home + power button”, and then click on vol up.
- Connect the phone to the USB.
- Wait for the Odin to detect the device.
- Click start. After sometime the process will be complete.
- On reboot, the user will see the superuser app installed.
- Thus the device is rooted successfully.
After rooting the device all the apps and data will be intact. Since there is no recovery mode, if the user wishes to make a factory reset then he/she will have to go in settings and do it.