Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A is one of the few devices outside Nexus and Moto series to get the official Lollipop update. Previously we saw how to install TWRP recovery on this device running on Android 5.0.1. In this tutorial, we will see how to root Galaxy S4 LTE-A running on Android 5.0.1. Rooting the device will provide lots of benefits. If you want to root the device, follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy S4 LTE-A:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to root Galaxy S4 LTE-A running on Android 5.0.1:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the SuperSU zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the SuperSU zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.