Sony Xperia Z1 is Sony’s latest high end device. It has an impressive 20.7 MP primary camera and a 2 MP secondary camera. It has a Quad-core 2.2 GHz Krait 400 Processor, Adreno 320 GPU. It also has 2 GB of RAM. The Xperia Z1 runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS.
Xperia Z1 was released only some days ago. The root exploit for the Xperia Z1 is already out. The Xperia Z1 users can easily root their device with a one click tool without too much of fuss. There are various benefits of rooting an Android device. So if you want to root the Xperia Z1 running on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, follow the instructions given below.
Warning: Rooting the phone will void its warranty. So proceed very carefully.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Note: The vroot rooting tool is in Chinese language.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia Z1:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Sony Xperia Z1 drivers installed on the computer
- Vroot rooting tool
Steps to root Xperia Z1:
- Install the vroot rooting tool on the computer. Just keep clicking “next” until it is installed.
- Open the vroot and then connect Xperia Z1 to the computer. Let the vroot identify your device.
- Now, click the green button in the bottom right corner, this button is to start rooting your device.
- The progress bar will move forward and the phone will restart a couple of times.
- After it is finished, a message on top will appear in Chinese. It basically says that rooting was successful.
- Now again click the green button on the bottom right corner. This will give you root permissions. Done!
- Now disconnect the phone from the computer and reboot.