Sony Xperia Z2 was released in the first half of year 2014. It has a 5.2″ IPS LCD display, with a resolution of 1920×1080. it’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, with 3GB of RAM, 16GB internal storage and a microSD slot. The Z2 has a 20.7MP camera, with 4K video recording at 60 frames/second. All this is powered by a 3200mAh battery.
Previously, we saw how to root Xperia Z3 on Android 5.0.2. A similar guide is available for Xperia Z2 which will provide root access on Z2. The installation procedure is more or less the same. Follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia Z2:
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Xperia Z2 drivers installed
- Xperia Z2 root package
Steps to root Xperia Z2 on Android 5.0.2:
- Download the Xperia Z2 root package and extract it to a convenient location.
- You will get 4 APK files. Transfer it to your device.
- On Xperia Z2, go to Settings >> Security and enable Unknown Sources.
- Open a suitable file explorer and locate the Root.zip file. Tap on it to install.
- Open it and then click on Root button.
- Similarly, install Busybox.apk and Recovery.apk.
- Boot the device into recovery mode by switching it off then pressing Power, Volume Up and Volume Down buttons.
- In the recovery mode, go to install and then select SuperSu file.
- Wait for the process to complete. Done!