Xperia Z3 was the flagship device of second half of 2014. Xperia Z3 runs on a 2.5Ghz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 3GB of RAM, 16GB internal storage and a 3100mAh battery. The 5.2″ IPS LCD display has a 1080p resolution and utilises Sony’s Triluminuous backlighting technology. The Xperia Z3 is also IP65 and IP68 compliant, meaning it’s good for those dusty or wet environments. Z3 also has a new impressive camera, featuring a 20.7MP.
Sony rolled out the official Android 5.0.2 update for Xperia Z3 in May. Now a root package is available for Z3 which will help you gain root access. Rooting the device has many benefits but it will void your warranty. In spite of that, if you want to root Xperia Z3 on Android 5.0.2 build 23.1.A.28, you can follow the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia Z3:
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Xperia Z3 drivers installed
- Xperia Z3 root package
Steps to root Xperia Z3 on Android 5.0.2:
- Download the Xperia Z3 root package and extract it to a convenient location.
- You will get 4 APK files. Transfer it to your device.
- On Xperia Z3, go to Settings >> Security and enable Unknown Sources.
- Open a suitable file explorer and locate the Root.zip file. Tap on it to install.
- Open it and then click on Root button.
- Similarly, install Busybox.apk and Recovery.apk.
- Boot the device into recovery mode by switching it off then pressing Power, Volume Up and Volume Down buttons.
- In the recovery mode, go to install and then select SuperSu file.
- Wait for the process to complete. Done!