Xperia Z3 was the flagship device of second half of 2014. Xperia Z3 runs on a 2.5Ghz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 3GB of RAM, 16GB internal storage and a 3100mAh battery. The 5.2″ IPS LCD display has a 1080p resolution and utilises Sony’s Triluminuous backlighting technology. The Xperia Z3 is also IP65 and IP68 compliant, meaning it’s good for those dusty or wet environments. Z3 also has a new impressive camera, featuring a 20.7MP.
Sony has rolled out official Android 5.1.1 update for Xperia Z3. Good news for Xperia Z3 users is they can install a pre-rooted stock Android 5.1.1 ROM on their Z3. Rooting the devices will give you a number of privileges. Interested users can follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia Z3:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Xperia Z3 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Rooted Android 5.1.1 ROM
Steps to install Rooted ROM on Xperia Z3:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Rooted Android 5.1.1 ROM and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Rooted Android 5.1.1 ROM file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.