Sony Xperia Z3 was recently released as Sony’s flagship device for the second half of the year 2014. Although it was not released long ago, a lot of development support is available for this device. Previously we saw how to install TWRP recovery on this device. Now we will see the steps to root the phone. Rooting will allow you to do many things – install apps which require root access, install mods, remove bloatware and much more. Follow the guide below to root the Xperia Z3.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia Z3:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to root Xperia Z3:
- Download the SuperSU zip file and transfer it to your device.
- Now boot in to the TWRP Recovery.
- Go to “Wipe cache partition” and clear the cache.
- Now go to “Advanced options” and delete the dalvik cache.
- Go to “Install” and select SuperSU file and then do a swipe on Swipe to confirm flash option at the bottom of the screen.
- After a few seconds the process will be completed. Just reboot the phone.