The LG G3 is the 2014 successor to the popular LG G2 flagship device. The display is a 5.5″ QHD IPS LCD with a resolution of 1440×2560. The device is pwoered by a 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2GB or 3GB of RAM depending on the model. Internal storage is available in either 16GB or 32GB. The G3 also features a 13MP camera, with “laser autofocus”, giving it a claimed fastest autofocus time of any smartphone.
LG G3 has been released in many regions till now and root access is available for this device. Rooting has many benefits – remove all the bloat, install apps that require root access, flash custom MODs, flash custom ROMs and much more. Follow the steps given below to root the LG G3. It must be noted that rooting the device will void its warranty.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your LG G3:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to root LG G3:
- Download the ioroot tool on the computer and extract it.
- Open the folder where the tool was extracted. You will find a root.bat file.
- Connect the device to the computer and make sure USB debugging is enabled.
- Now run the root.bat file.
- Follow the instructions which are displayed on the screen.
- After a few moments the phone will be rooted.
- If you want to check whether the procedure was successful, download the Root Checker app from the Play Store.