Previously, we saw how to unlock the bootloader of the Sony Xperia Z. This is an essential step if the Sony Xperia Z owners want to root the phone. Once the bootloader is unlocked, rooting Sony Xperia Z is possible. Rooting helps an individual to gain complete control over the device. The users who want to root Sony Xperia Z can follow the steps given below.
- Unlocked bootloader of Sony Xperia Z
- Firmware version must be 10.1.A.1.350
- Stock Kernel
- Modified Kernel
- Fastboot file
- Download all the files on the desktop.
- Extract files from the Fastboot archive to the desktop. You’ll get fastboot.exe along with some other files.
- Connect the phone to the PC using USB cable and turn off the phone.
- Reboot the device into Fastboot mode by holding the Volume UP button and connect the other-end of the USB cable to your device.
- Open command prompt on the PC by holding the Shift button on the keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then select “Open command window here”.
- Type “fastboot flash boot Z_DooMLoRD_CF-Auto-Root-ported_FW-350.img” in the command prompt window without the quotes.
- After this, type “fastboot reboot”.
- The device will now start booting.
- Unplug it from your PC and hard power off your device by holding the Power button and the Volume UP button for about 15 seconds.
- Get the device into Fastboot mode by holding the Volume UP key and plugging-in the USB cable.
- Again open command prompt and type “fastboot flash boot Z_DooMLoRD_insecure_FW-350.img”
- Next, type “fastboot reboot”.
- After reboot, install BusyBox.
- Done! Sony Xperia Z is now rooted.