Xiaomi Redmi 1S offers great specs at a very low price. It has a 4.70-inch 720×1280 display powered by 1.6GHz processor alongside 1GB RAM and 8-megapixel rear camera. The 8GB of inbuilt storage (6.14GB user available) is expandable by up to 32GB using a microSD card. All this specs at a price of around $100.
Root access has been achieved for this device. Rooting has many benefits. You can install custom recovery, custom ROMs and also install various other mods. Follow the instructions given below to gain root access on the Xiaomi Redmi 1S.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xiaomi Redmi 1S:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Developer Options enabled
- Update.zip file
- Download the Update.zip file to your PC and move the file on your phone SD card.
- Boot into Mi-Recovery. To do this launch the Updater app, press the menu/options button and from the menu choose ‘Reboot to recovery mode‘.
- In the Mi-recovery select and confirm ‘English’.
- Select and confirm ‘Install update.zip to System’.
- Once done, select and confirm ‘Reboot’.
- After reboot go to Security >> Permission and activate Root permission.
- Done! You have successfully gained root access on your Redmi 1S.