Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 has a 5.5in display. It is powered by a MediaTek Helio X10 CPU. Redmi Note 3 will come in 2GB as well as 3GB variants of RAM. The primary camera will be 13MP while the front camera will be 5MP. Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 has 16/32GB internal storage options which can be expanded further with the use of microSD card.
In the previous article, we saw how to install TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 3. Once it is completed, it becomes easier to root the device. Rooting has many benefits – removing bloat, installing apps that require root access, installing MODs and much more. Follow the guide below to root Redmi Note 3.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Android:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Device drivers installed
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Root zip file
Steps to root Redmi Note 3:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Root zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Root zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.