One of the most common problems encountered on Android is the low memory problem. Link2Sd and Darktremor script help in some or the other way in solving this problem. More recently, another technique that has been used in some devices is swapping the internal memory of the phone with the SD card memory. This means all the app data will be stored on the SD card thus making it possible to have greater number of apps.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is one such device on which swapping of the internal and external memory is possible. Even though Galaxy Note 2 has enough internal memory, there are some gaming freaks who may find it less. This mod is especially useful for the hardcore gamers. Many users are reporting that the mod works, but some are having issues. The problems seen are generally nothing serious, but it has been reported that music, video, and picture files show up twice in various applications. They aren’t actually there twice, though.
To install this mod, follow the instructions given below.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 must be rooted, nsicure kernel and kernel with init.d support.
- Custom recovery installed.
- Rom with init.d support.
- Note2Mod zip file.
- Make a backup of your SD card and all other data.
- Connect your phone to the PC and format the SD card as fat32.
- Download the Note2Mod zip file and place it on the SD card.
- Go in to the recovery mode.
- Go to “Wipe cache partition” and clear the cache.
- Go to “Advanced” and delete the dalvik cache.
- Now select “Install zip from SD card” and choose the file downloaded in step 3.
- Reboot the phone.
On rebooting the phone, the user will find a considerable memory increase on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2.