Motorola’s newly launched smartphone, the Moto X, has caught the attention of a lot of Android users with its highly customizable options. However buying a new phone always comes with the hassle of loss of data. Keeping this in mind, Motorola has introduced the Motorola Migrate app which allows you to seamlessly transfer your old data to your new Moto X.
The app comes preinstalled in the Moto X and you just have to download the app to your old phone from the play store. The app allows you to transfer your text messages, call history, SIM contacts, pictures, video, and music from your old phone to your new Moto X. You need to follow the below steps to start transferring:
- Download and install the Motorola Migrate app from the Google Play Store. It should work on any phone having Android 2.2 or higher.
- Open the Migrate app on your Moto X and make sure that it says the following under Migrate: “Don’t want to start from scratch? Copy your stuff from your old phone to this one”.
- Press the menu key and select settings. Under “Choose Mode” it should say “Transfer data TO this device.” Tap on that.
- Now tap Next and Next again. A QR code will be visible on the screen.
- Now open the Motorola Migrate app on your old phone and select start. It will then display the “Scan to connect” screen.
- Next hold your phone on the QR code that is being displayed on your Moto X. Once it locks in, the transfer will begin.
If you are having problems pairing the two devices with the QR code, you can also transfer through NFC. This however requires that your old phone also have NFC in it. Just follow the steps mentioned below to transfer via NFC:
- Turn ON the NFC on both the phones.
- Now go to the Motorola Migrate app on your old phone. Press the menu key and select settings.
- Next under “Choose connection method” select “Switch To NFC”.
- Now pair the devices by touching their backs to each other.
- Once the “Touch to Beam” prompt is shown on both devices, tap the Moto X screen. After a few seconds the transfer will begin.