LG G5 has a 5.3″ quad-HD Quantum IPS panel. Under the hood, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor and 4GB of RAM are powering the device, along with 32GB internal storage with microSD expansion. The G5 has a 2800mAh battery and is charged via USB Type-C with Quick Charge 3.0 which can give you 80% of battery in 30 minutes. There’s a dual-camera setup on the back that lets you switch between two camera, one with a wider field of view. The G5’s bottom piece slides off, allowing the user to remove/exchange the battery or utilize accessories such as a camera grip or high-end audio encoder.
There is an official method available for unlocking the bootloader of European LG G5. It consists of going to LG Developer site and fetching a .bin file from them. A detailed guide for performing the same task is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your device getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your LG G5:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
- LG G5 drivers installed on the computer
- Android SDK installed on the computer
- ADB and Fastboot installed on the computer
- Make sure ADB and fastboot files are placed in the same folder.
- Go to Settings >> About phone. Tap on Build Number 7 times to become a developer.
- Now go to Developer options and enable the OEM unlock.
- Go to LG’s Developer Site and make an account.
- Navigate to the unlock page, and enter your phone’s IMEI and the device ID string from above, and hit the confirm button.
- A .bin file will be mailed to you. Download the file to your computer and place it in ADB/Fastboot folder.
- Enter the phone in fastboot/bootloader mode and connect the phone to computer.
- Go to the folder where ADB and fastboot are present. Open command prompt in this folder.
- Type the following command and press enter
fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin
- Now enter the following command and press enter
- Your phone will reboot automatically. Done!