Nexus 6 features a large 5.96″ AMOLED QHD display, with a resolution of 1440 x 2560, giving it an impressive 493 ppi pixel density. It’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 quad-core 2.7GHz processor, with 3GB of RAM, and either 32GB or 64GB of internal storage. The Nexus 6 shooter comes in at 13MP, with optical image stabilisation and a twin-LED ring flash, for clearer photos in low light conditions. Other features include a 3220mAh battery and a bundled Motorola Turbo Charger for a quick battery charge.
Many developments have already begun for this device. Among them, unlocking the bootloader is the initial one since it is essential for rooting of the device and installing custom ROMs/mods. Follow the guide below to unlock the bootloader of the Nexus 6.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your device getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 6:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
- Nexus 6 drivers installed on the computer
- Android SDK installed on the computer
- ADB and Fastboot installed on the computer
- Make sure ADB and fastboot files are placed in the same folder.
- Go to Settings >> About phone. Tap on Build Number 7 times to become a developer.
- Now go to Developer options and enable the OEM unlock.
- Connect your device to the PC.
- Go to the folder where ADB and fastboot are present. Open command prompt in this folder.
- Type the following command and press enter
adb reboot bootloader
- In Bootloader/HBOOT mode, highlight the FASTBOOT option using the Volume keys and select it pressing the Power button to enter Fastboot Mode.
- In the fastboot mode, type the following command
fastboot oem unlock
- Unlock the bootloader by pressing Volume up button. Done!