Huawei Nexus 6P is a high-end Android smartphone, released in September 2015. It features a 5.7″ Quad-HD AMOLED display, 2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 octa-core processor, and 3GB of RAM. Internal storage is available in either 32GB, 64GB or 128GB, though the device lacks a removable storage slot. Other features include a USB Type-C port, 12MP rear camera, 8MP front selfie camera and 3450mAh battery. On the exterior, the Nexus 6P features a fingerprint sensor.
Nexus 6P runs on stock Android. But if you want to customize this device, the first and the most important step will be to unlock the bootloader of this device. If you want to unlock it, follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your device getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 6P:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
- Nexus 6P drivers installed on the computer
- Android SDK installed on the computer
- ADB and Fastboot installed on the computer
- Make sure ADB and fastboot files are placed in the same folder.
- Go to Settings >> About phone. Tap on Build Number 7 times to become a developer.
- Now go to Developer options and enable the OEM unlock.
- Connect your device to the PC.
- Go to the folder where ADB and fastboot are present. Open command prompt in this folder.
- Type the following command and press enter
- In Bootloader mode, use the following command and press enter.
- Now type the following command
fastboot flashing unlock