LG V10 has a 5.7″ IPS LCD, and has a resolution of 1440 x 2560. On the inside, the V10 is powered by a 1.82GHz hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor and 4GB of RAM. It has 64GB internal storage, with up to a further 128GB more using the microSD slot. The rear shooter has a 16MP sensor with optical image stabilization, laser autofocus and 4K video recording, while the front has a 5MP duo camera setup. The V10 runs on a 3000mAh battery. Its standout feature is an “always-on” second strip of screen that sits above the main screen. This is used for an “at-a-glance” system, where you’ll find things such as notifications, shortcuts or media information.
XDA Developers have figured out a way to unlock the bootloader of LG V10. Locked Bootloader restricts your phone to a certain extent, so to gain full control of your device, it is recommended to unlock the bootloader. A detailed guide on how to unlock the bootloader is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your device getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your LG V10:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
- LG V10 drivers installed on the computer
- Android SDK installed on the computer
- ADB and Fastboot installed on the computer
- Make sure ADB and fastboot files are placed in the same folder.
- Go to Settings >> About phone. Tap on Build Number 7 times to become a developer.
- Now go to Developer options and enable the OEM unlock.
- Connect your device to the PC.
- Enter the phone in fastboot/bootloader mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down.
- Go to the folder where ADB and fastboot are present. Open command prompt in this folder.
- Type the following command and press enter
- Now use the following command and press enter
fastboot oem unlock
- Now enter the following command and press enter
- Your phone will reboot automatically. Done!