OnePlus 3 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 CPU with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of storage. It has a battery capacity of 3,000mAh and can be charged up to 60% in 30 minutes with the included Dash charger. The AMOLED display is 5.5″ and FHD resolution. It runs on Android 6.0.1 and is powered by OxygenOS which includes many enhancements to Android.
OnePlus 3 has the best specs on offer. But you can further improve the potential of OnePlus 3 by installing mods and custom ROMs. To do that, you will first have to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 3. A detailed tutorial on how to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 3 is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your device getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your OnePlus 3:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
- OnePlus 3 drivers installed on the computer
- Android SDK installed on the computer
- ADB and Fastboot installed on the computer
- Make sure ADB and fastboot files are placed in the same folder.
- Go to Settings >> About phone. Tap on Build Number 7 times to become a developer.
- Now go to Developer options and enable the OEM unlock.
- Connect your device to the PC.
- Enter the phone in fastboot/bootloader mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Up
- Go to the folder where ADB and fastboot are present. Open command prompt in this folder.
- Type the following command and press enter
- Now use the following command and press enter
fastboot oem unlock
- You will see a screen appearing on your OnePlus 3. Select the “Yes” option.
- Your phone will reboot automatically. Done!