The developer team Pangu has created a jailbreak utility for the Apple devices running on iOS 8 and above. Using this tool, you can jailbreak the iOS device and enjoy all the benefits of the jailbreak device. This tool should be installed on the Windows PC and then connected to the iOS device for jailbreak.
The devices which are supported by this tool include iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini and iPod touch 5g. If you want to jailbreak your device, follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your device:
- Backup all the data via iTunes
- Make sure passcode is disabled
- Make sure latest version of iTunes is installed
Steps to Untether Jailbreak iOS 8/8.1 device:
- Download the Pangu tool on the PC and install it.
- Connect the device to the PC. Use iTunes to backup the data of the device.
- If the download of the update is pending, then install it via iTunes rather than the OTA.
- Disable Passcode by navigating to Settings >> Touch ID & Passcode and turn off ‘Find my iPhone from Settings >> iCloud >> Find my iPhone.
- Launch the Pangu tool on the PC and run it as an administrator.
- The following screen will be displayed.
- Uncheck the checkbox on the left side saying PP and then click on the blue jailbreak button.
- The process should start. Follow the on screen instructions and wait for it to get finished.
- Device might reboot several times. Once the process is completed, you will see the Pangu app on the screen which is the confirmation that the device has been jailbroken.