In an earlier post we had informed you about the first untethered jailbreaking method for iOS 6 and iOS 6.1. This jailbreak tool is called as evasiOn. The Dev team of evasiOn had promised everyone to release the Jailbreaking tool on the Super Bowl Sunday. Though with a small delay, they have officially launched the jailbreaking tool for all three platforms: Windows, Mac and Linux. To know more about Jailbreaking you can see here.
This tutorial will explain the method to Jailbreak your device using the evasiOn tool for Mac.
- Download the evasiOn tool for Mac.
- Backup your iPhone, iPad or iPad mini using iTunes.
- Confirm the iOS version of your device in Settings >> General>> About phone.
- USB cable.
- MAC OS X(10.5 or higher)
- Disable screen lock on your iDevice.
- If you have activated any screen password you need to disable it as it may interfere with the Jailbreaking process.
- To disable screen lock code go to settings > General > Passcode Lock > Turn Passcode Off.
- Connect your device to the MAC.
- Make sure you’ve backed up your device by connecting it to the MAC and then backing it up using iTunes. The encrption for backup needs to be disabled.
- Double Click the .dmg file of the evasiOn tool.
- Then launch the evasiOn tool by double clicking it.
- Now Press the Jailbreak button to start the process.
- The Jailbreak process can take a while. Please do not touch your device while the process is completeing as you may interefere with the process.
- However if it gets stuck somewhere you can it’s safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
- Keep a watch on the evasiOn tool as it will prompt you to unlock your device and find the app called “jailbreak” and run it. This will complete your Jailbreaking process.
- The device will restart a couple of times. Wait till the device becomes stable.
- Once the process completes your device will be Jailbroken! Enjoy!