HTC One X has a 4.7″ Super LCD2 720p screen. The international version of the One X ships with a quad-core Nvidia Tegra 3 CPU processor that is backed by a full gigabyte of RAM and 32 gigs of flash memory. It has a rear camera of 8MP. At the time of its release, it ran on Android 4.0.3 ICS.
HTC has stopped providing official updates to this phone as it is almost 3 years old now. But that does not mean you cannot update this device to Android Lollipop. Resurrection ROM is available for the HTC One X which will install Android 5.0.2 on the One X. It is based on the popular CM 12 ROM. Follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your One X:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- One X must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Resurrection ROM zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install Resurrection ROM on One X:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Resurrection ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Resurrection ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.