Moto X is a 2013 flagship Motorola device. The Moto X is powered by a 1.7GHz Dual core processor, Adreno 320 GPU and 2GB RAM. The 4.7″ AMOLED display has a resolution of 720×1280 and 312ppi pixel density. Internal storage is available in 16GB or 32GB. The camera is a reasonable 10MP with a 1.4um pixel size. Connectivity is via 3G, LTE or dual band Wi-Fi. All this runs on a 2200mAh battery.
Google recently started sending out the OTA for Android 5.1.1 for the Nexus tablet devices. Nexus and Moto smartphones will get this update soon. But a custom ROM running on Android 5.1.1 is available for the Moto X 1st Gen. It is created by the Dirty Unicorns team. If you want to install this ROM on the Moto X, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Moto X:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Moto X must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Dirty Unicorns zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install Dirty Unicorns ROM on Moto X:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Dirty Unicorns ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Dirty Unicorns ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.