The 2nd Gen Moto X has a 5.2in AMOLED display enclosed within the Gorilla Glass 3 outer casing. It is powered by a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor clocked at 2.5GHz and 2 GB of RAM. Moto X consists of a 13MP primary camera and a 2MP secondary camera. It has all the regular connectivity options like 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and microUSB. Its battery capacity is 2,300 mAh Li-Ion battery, in comparison to its predecessor’s 2,200 Li-Ion battery.
Motorola has started seeding the Android 5.1 update for Moto X 2nd Gen. Many regions have received it while others are still waiting for it. If you want to manually install the update, follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Moto X:
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Moto X drivers installed
- Android 5.1 file
- Motorola Update Services app installed
Steps to install Android 5.1 on Moto X:
- Download the Android 5.1 file and transfer it to Moto X.
- Reboot the Moto X in the bootloader mode
- Switch off the phone and then Press Power, Volume Up, Volume Down keys together to enter bootloader menu.
- Select recovery option using Volume Down button and Volume Up to enter.
- Android logo should now appear. Press Volume Up and Volume Down buttons for about five seconds and Power button to display the menu. You will see the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, choose install update from sdcard.
- Using the Volume buttons head over to the location where you have saved the OTA file. Select it using the Power button and confirm installation.
- Now reboot the device. Done!