Google Nexus 10 has a 10.055″ display with a 300 ppi. It is powered by the Exynos 5250 processor, which features two ARM Cortex A15 cores running at 1.7 GHz and a powerful ARM Mali T604 GPU. The device comes with 2 GB of RAM, and either 16 or 32 GB of internal storage. At the time of its release it ran on Android 4.2.
Nexus 10 was promised future updates by Google and Google has delivered on this promise by making all the latest updates available for this device. The Android 5.1 factory image has been released for this device. Using this, you can upgrade your Nexus 10 to the latest Android version. Follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your device getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 10:
- Make a Backup of the data
- Make sure developer options is unlocked
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
- Nexus 10 bootloader unlocked
- Nexus 10 drivers installed on the computer
- Android SDK installed on the computer
- ADB and Fastboot installed on the computer
- Nexus 10 factory image
- Make sure ADB and fastboot files are placed in the same folder.
- Download the Nexus 10 factory image and extract it to a convenient location.
- Connect the device to the PC.
- Power off your tablet and boot it into Fastboot/Bootloader mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power buttons until the Fastboot menu and START icon appear on the screen.
- Go to the folder obtained by extracting the files in step 2. Copy and paste all the files to the Fastboot directory.
- Now open the command prompt in the fastboot folder and execute the following commands.
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-filename.img
fastboot flash radio radio-filename.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot flash cache cache.img
- Wait for the process to complete. The device will reboot automatically.