OnePlus 2 is the 2015 flagship Android device of Chinese upstart OnePlus. It is the successor to the popular OnePlus One. It features a 5.5″ 1080p LTPS LCD display, 1.8GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor, 4GB of RAM and a 3300mAh battery. Internal storage comes in at either 16GB or 64GB. The rear camera has a 13MP sensor and is capable of 4K video recording at 30fps, while the front camera has a 5MP sensor and can record 1080p video.
OnePlus have started seeding out Oxygen OS 3.0.2 update for OnePlus 2. It will update OnePlus 2 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Not all the users have received it yet. If you are one of them, you can install it manually. Follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your OnePlus 2:
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install latest Oxygen OS 3.0.2 on OnePlus 2:
- Download the update zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode – Press and hold the Power and Volume Down rocker and release them when the OnePlus logo appears on screen
- Choose “Install from Local”.
- Now select the file which was downloaded in step 1.
- Wait for the process to complete and then reboot the device.