OnePlus 2 is the 2015 flagship Android device of Chinese upstart OnePlus. It is the successor the the popular OnePlus One, and is due for release in Q3 2015. It features a 5.5″ 1080p LTPS LCD display, 1.8GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor, 4GB of RAM and a 3300mAh battery. Internal storage comes in at either 16GB or 64GB. The rear camera has a 13MP sensor and is capable of 4K video recording at 30fps, while the front cameras has a 5MP sensor and can record 1080p video.
OnePlus 2 can be updated to latest Oxygen OS 2.01. OnePlus have rolled an OTA which contains a lot of fixes and improvements, starts with India and should be available in other regions soon. It can be installed manually too. Follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your OnePlus 2:
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install latest Oxygen OS on OnePlus 2:
- Download the Oxygen OS and transfer it to your phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into recovery mode by pressing the Power and Volume buttons together until some text appears on the screen.
- Now select the Recovery option by pressing the Power button.
- In recovery mode, use the Volume button to navigate to “install update” and press the Power button to select it.
- Now select the file downloaded in step 1.
- Let the process get over and restart the device. Done!