OnePlus One has a 5.5″ 1080×1920 JDI display. It’s powered by a 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor and 3GB of RAM. Storage comes in at either 16GB or 64GB. Other features include a 13MP camera, 3100mAh battery, dual front speakers and StyleSwap replaceable back covers. OnePlus One runs a version of Cyanogenmod with a unique modified user interface.
Android Lollipop was released in November and till now there are only a small number of devices that run on the latest version. OnePlus One has not received any official update but custom ROMs can be used to upgrade this device to Android Lollipop. There is a SlimLP ROM based on Android 5.0.2 which is available for the OnePlus One. Follow the guide below to install it on your device.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your OnePlus One:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- OnePlus One must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- SlimLP zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install SlipLP ROM on OnePlus One:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the SlimLP ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the SlimLP ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.