OnePlus One, released in April this year, has 5.5″ 1080×1920 JDI display. It’s powered by a 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor and 3GB of RAM. Storage comes in at either 16GB or 64GB. Other features include a 13MP camera, 3100mAh battery, dual stereo speakers and StyleSwap replaceable back covers. On the software side, the OnePlus One runs a version of Cyanogenmod with a unique modified user interface.
A new OTA firmware update is rolling out for the OnePlus One with lots of bug fixes and improvements. The new update enhances the audio capabilities of the smartphone and allows playing of high resolution music – 24 bit, 96/192khz-flac/alac/wav files – without resampling. It adds ANT+ support for connecting health accessories and addresses a number of bug issues. If you have not received the update, follow the guide below to manually update it.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your device:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Drivers installed on the computer
- Android SDK installed on the computer
- ADB and Fastboot installed on the computer
- Update.zip file
- Make sure Update.zip, Android SDK, ADB and Fastboot files are present in the same folder.
- Reboot the phone in fastboot mode. In the fastboot mode, Start appears on the screen, press Volume Up button for a few times until theRecovery option is seen. Now press Power button to enter recovery mode.
- You should see an Android with a red exclamation point. Now press Volume Up and Powerbuttons together, a menu should now appear
- Select the second option which says, apply update adb.
- Connect the phone to the PC.
- Open command prompt in the folder created in step 1. Type the following command and press enter
adb sideload cm-bacon-3628510d76-to-ac1ccf7921-signed.zip
- After a few moments, the process will be completed.