Samsung Galaxy Grand i9082 is one of Samsung’s best selling phones. While it came with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, Samsung has started to push out the Android 4.2.2 update for the Galaxy Grand. The OTA update is available only for some regions. Though Samsung plans to roll out the update for all regions, you can manually update the Galaxy Grand with Android 4.2.2 JellyBean XXUBMGA firmware. This update includes the Smart Stay feature!
Note: If the device gets damaged or bricked, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
- Samsung drivers installed
- Odin3 v3.07
- Samsung Galaxy Grand i9082 XXUBMGA Firmware file
- USB Debugging enabled
- Make a backup of your data.
- Extract the contents of Odin3 3.07.zip on your computer and install Odin on the PC.
- Turn off the phone and make sure it is not connected to the computer.
- Boot the phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home buttons together and then press the Power button until the device turns on.
- Open Odin. Connect your phone to the computer and allow the drivers to install. You will see the “Added!!” message on Odin. If it doesn’t appear, make sure you have properly installed the USB drivers for your phone.
- Download Samsung Galaxy Grand i9082 XXUBMGA Firmware file to the computer and extract the downloaded zip to get a file with .tar extension.
- Click the PDA button in Odin and locate the TAR file for your phone. Do not make any unnecessary changes on Odin.
- Click the Start button in Odin and wait for a few moments.
- Your phone will automatically reboot and you will see the Language preference option in the device. Disconnect the phone from the computer.