Samsung has started to roll out the updates for the Galaxy Note 2. Android 4.4.2 update is available for the Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. A new firmware update with build number N7100XXUFNG4 is now out for the Note 2 which will update the Note 2 to the Android 4.4.2. Recently, Galaxy S5 and Note 3 got the official update now Note 2 is getting it. Not all the regions have got the update but there is a way using which you can manually update to Android 4.4.2. Follow the instructions given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Note 2:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install Android 4.4.2 on Note 2:
- Make a backup of your data.
- Extract the contents of Odin3 3.09.zip on your computer and install Odin on the PC.
- Turn off the phone and make sure it is not connected to the computer.
- Boot the phone into Download Mode by switching it off and then simultaneously pressing the Volume Down + the Home key button. While holding these both buttons, you need to switch on your device.
- Open Odin. Connect your phone to the computer and allow the drivers to install. You will see the “Added!!” message on Odin. If it doesn’t appear, make sure you have properly installed the USB drivers for your phone.
- In the Odin Menu, make sure to check the Auto-Reboot and F.Reset options.
- Download the firmware zip file on the computer. Extract it and you will get a file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Click the AP button in Odin and select the file extracted in the previous step. Do not make any unnecessary changes on Odin.
- Click the Start button in Odin and wait for a few moments.
- Phone will automatically reboot. Done !